Occupy South Wing Gate for RH – A Continuing Protest to Pass RH Bill
November 20, 2011 5 Comments
The Filipino Freethinkers together with other non-government organizations in support of the Reproductive Health (RH) Bill set camp today at the SB Bayan Park near the House of Representatives, Quezon City. This is to bring to our legislature’s attention the urgency of passing this measure in Congress.
Over the past few days we have seen the government busy itself with issues against Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, when in fact it should be turning its heads to the more dangerous issue of overpopulation. More and more Filipinos live with little or no grasp of the need for this bill and its positive benefits, left only with the more publicized position of the Catholic Church. At an average, our population grew by 2 million every year since the first RH Bill was filed in 1999, making us now the 12th most populous nation in the world. Without this bill and an educated citizenry, we could be the next China.
I encourage all my readers and friends to visit the Occupy for RH Camp near the House of Representatives to signify your support. I also encourage you to write letters to your representatives and express your position in the issue. Let us show them the true sentiment of the Filipino people.
Please visit the RH Bill Advocacy website at http://www.rhbill.org.
Also, please see the text of House Bill 4244, otherwise known as “The Responsible Parenthood, Reproductive Health and Population and Development Act of 2011.”
- Senate defers debates on RH bill (hreplib.wordpress.com)
- “RH Bill: A Duplicate?” – Some Clarificatory Questions for the 15th Congress of the Philippines (drippingmind.wordpress.com)
- RH bill faces rough sailing in the Senate (hreplib.wordpress.com)
- Aquino not doing enough for RH bill, backers say (hreplib.wordpress.com)
- Groups to Congress: Put RH bill to a vote! (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)